Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Traveling Buddies

Though it is true that
Capri pants + snowy hiking = bad idea,
it must be said that
Capri pants + Isle of Capri = great photo op!

Christine, Bef, and I just couldn’t pass up the chance to wear ours when we visited Capri on our tour of the Amalfi Coast a few weeks ago. We had a wonderful time- amazing scenery, fantastic food, and extraordinary company. It was so good to have old friends here. For me, sharing an experience has always given it a deeper sense of reality. Having loved ones come and be a part of our lives here makes it all feel more connected to our pre-Zurich selves. And I love to travel with folks. It means that the memories are shared and won’t have to be put into words or captured on film in order to be expressed. (That’s one of the things I love about being married…Coy’s my favorite travel companion!)

Here we are on the girls' first day in Zurich exploring town. Doesn't Christine look so Euro? Several people we met didn't believe she was American! I'm afraid they had me and Bef pegged before we would even open our mouths...had to be the shoes.

As blessed as I feel by the community we have here, there was just something sweet about having old friends come to visit. Laughing till tears fell, reminiscing a bit about previous trips, being asked the tough questions, and feeling really known and seen. I'm so glad that they came.

2 comments:

Rachiley said...

Glad to see ya'll back online! Looks like a jolly good time...from the hut hiking adventures to the vistors :-)

kkm said...

i love the pix! thanks for keeping us updated!