Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Summer without Camp...

isn't really a summer at all. I know that I should have absolutely no complaints about my current situation. We have already had amazing opportunities to travel and to enjoy the great city of Zurich. And, for as much as I miss family and friends back in the States, it has been a good place for us to take our first steps yoked together. (Hmm, that is sorta like a 3-legged race which is definitely campy...) But where is the zip line in Zurich? When do we get to have the hay ride? How have I made it to mid-July without catching a fish, sleeping in a bunk bed, or singing any ridiculous songs that involve clapping or dancing around?? (Ok, I've done some of the singing but only at Coy and he doesn't even like it!) The point is that I miss my kids back at Multi-National Ministries. And I miss camp- it was never easy but always good. (It seemed to get easier though after that first year when every one of my kids got in fist fights with other campers, even my girls!) Here are a few pictures that explain why there are pieces of me that feel like summer hasn't actually arrived yet:
















If anyone in Zurich wants to challenge me and Coy to a chicken fight at the lake, I might feel better!

4 comments:

Rachiley said...

I feel your pain. I'm chained to a desk every summer and it's just down right WRONG! But just think on the bright side your not having to endure the muggy mid-south summer.

kkm said...

as i struggle with how to add only the most worthy bits of fluff and stuff to an erudite essay on the finer points of hyperparathyroidism, i suddenly realize:



i'd rather be fishing!

Anonymous said...

You're on!

Chicken fighting is all about the base, and I'm pretty sure that I can beat out Coy on that... Float like a butterfly, and all that.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»