Saturday, October 28, 2006

Is the smell of fall really just leaves rotting?

Even if it is, I love it. I am so glad that we've had a long autumn here. By late August, I was worried that I would wake up one day to find that winter had arrived overnight. Instead the average of beautiful days has been comparable to a Memphis fall. Now the only thing I need is a good high school football game. And I'd like my husband back too. Though I imagine when he sees this picture he'll just think of how dangerous it could be to walk on all those slippery, unstable leaves. Good way to break a leg.

2 comments:

tirzah said...

is that your cool old bike?

Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

I wish, Tirz. Just a cool old bike parked next to a cool yellow firebird that's on my new favorite walking loop. Having fun in Ohio?