Friday, October 13, 2006

The most expensive blog yet

Who knows what my Company's accident insurance had to pay to get these photos (not to mention the intangible pain and suffering of your's truly), but here you go:





For those of you who haven't heard the news, an ill-fated paint ball accident led to a broken leg and a week-long stay in the community hospital in Muri, Switzerland. 3 breaks and 10 screws later, I'm back at the house. The folks at the Kreispital Muri were kind and helpful, but unfortunately, not enough to significantly reduce the enormous suck-factor of a broken leg.

Stay tuned for the travails of this one-legged man in a city with a strong two-leg bias.

It's sure to be entertaining for everybody else.





(The uncertainly earned McTasty mit Bacon that was my McComfort on the way home from the Kreispital. Too many of these and I'm sure to be as fat as a McHouse.)

8 comments:

kkm said...

Herr Coyster--this sucks! and i feel for ya. my first saturday in college i broke my leg and had my share of one-legged trouble on a two-legged campus with its long hikes between buildings, dining hall trays, and big fat text books.

on the bright side---from my "uber-knowledgeable" position as a PA who has just finished her first week in her first PA job which just so happens to be in orthopedics, i can say that the post-op xray looks very nice! kudos to the surgeon and lucky for you!

a silver lining--you're blog will get some TLC... oh and just think how smart you'll be after six weeks of wikipedia university!! ;)

tirzah said...

I am so sorry for you Coy!

Anonymous said...

Hey.. I tried calling you a few times the past few weeks. No answer. :( Hope your healing well. Send me an email or something if you get this.

- Nephew Jesse

Anonymous said...

I could of fixed that ankle in my garage with the titianium screws I have left over from my days at Howmedica AND supplied the necessary anesthetics by meine Hausfrau.

Get better and let us hear from you.

Pimpdaddy

Anonymous said...

Well, you may have nothing interesting to post after this, but at least we'll get regular updates on the Blog, now that you've got nothing better to do.

Anonymous said...

Is it me, or did you already put on a few pounds from the first x-ray till the second? That ankle sure looks bigger to me...

J. B. Hood said...

I agree with anon. Blog us something good. Or groom your body hair (what you can reach of it).

When I take a hit (dental surgery, for example), I lay up and rent episodes of 24. I don't watch much TV, so it's nice to get some of that action going. 24 is great stuff if you start watching it from the beginning. And no commercials to tempt you to McGorge yourself. And on one on 24 ever eats, despite the fact they go 24 hours...

kkm said...

j.b. has a good plan but he is assuming that you have a good relationship with the video rental store!! ;)