Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gobble, gobble

I wanted to write a Thanksgiving post so I could somehow feel more connected to the holiday. I know Coy would rather I had made the connection by pre-ordering a turkey and cooking up some dressing and all the sides but I may give that a try this weekend. Or maybe I'll push the debate over the Thanksgiving menu to next year. You see, Coy doesn't believe in marshmallows on top of his sweet potatoes and he thinks dressing should be made with cornbread. Why don't they cover questions like this in premarital counseling???
So tonight we'll be sitting down to bowls of Thai soup at about the same time my family crowds around the buffet table down in Raymond, Mississippi. At the moment, I can't imagine why we didn't spring for the tickets, skip work and join them. There's no place in the world I'd rather be.

But enough of the moaning, we are certainly overflowing with things for which to be thankful. Coy is cast-free! I have finally caught my breath at work and can now say that I love my job. Our community group has become even more close knit this fall which has been great. The other day on the tram, I could see the Alps so clearly that it brought tears to my eyes. Coy has shaved off most of his beard (he's going to have that nasty mustache shaved off in his sleep soon if he doesn't take care of it himself). Coy's nephew Jesse arrives soon to stay for a few weeks. The new winter collection of Movenpick ice cream flavors are available. Krista's birthday is Saturday. Christmas lights are up all over town.

As I type, the 'grateful list' is quickly becoming a slideshow of faces in my mind- all of the people we miss and love, many of the folks we've come to know here. A blog is too casual of a medium for trying to put my gratitude into words. So I'll just say that it good to step back and count my blessings, pecan pie or no.

6 comments:

Coby said...

no corn bread in the dressing? How else is it made? By the way, tell Coy that I bought a Nintendo Wii. It's freaken sweet.

Ashley said...

miss you, kace and coy. glad you have the alps and the stach and no cast, but it's still a little sore and weird that you're not around.

Anonymous said...

mmmm Pecan Pie....

Anonymous said...

Another thing you must add to your "thankful" list - is that a certain two-year old blonde who just visited her grandparents in southwest GA for Thanksgiving, continually kept saying "Coy" "Coy and Casey" "Going to Coy's" "Coy and Casey coming" I haven't met you guys yet, but to that certain little 2-year old, you are quite special. If we heard your names once, we heard them ..........
Merry Christmas! W&W in Hopeful, GA

tirzah said...

did the turkey gobble you up?

Anonymous said...

did ya'll go into hiding after you missed the holiday feast or was it due to coy losing the facial hair? hope everything is going well. let's chat soon!