Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow Zombies

When I hear from folks back home, it is very common to gets questions about how much we must be enjoying the snow. And our most recent guests arrived with plenty of long underwear to fight off the Swiss cold. The misconception is understandable- Switzerland just sounds snowy. Yet until today, Texas has had more snow than Zurich this winter. The snow started last night before dinner and hasn't stopped. This morning, I awoke with a giddy feeling and ran to the window to check the accumulation. For a brief moment, visions of 'snow day' at home sprung to mind and then I remembered that, though we don't always get much snow here, the city is prepared for it. Here's recess at my school today:




So, unrelated but exciting, Coy's cast comes off tomorrow!! I won't miss the yellow and orange monstrosity but I'm not exactly looking forward to scrubbing the zombie flesh again.

6 comments:

Tirzah said...

What is that cool shrubbery? and that is so gross, I dont feel so bad about wiping my kids snotty noses anymore, thanks.

Anonymous said...

That is stomach turning......remind me not to break my leg.
christine

Rachiley said...

Snowy days outside playing like a kid...COOL

Viewing a crusty, peeling, jaundice appendage...NOT COOL

Marsh said...

I was eating my breakfast....

J. B. Hood said...

Until five mintues ago, I didn't know what it would take to make me feel better about my pedohygiene. Now I do.

Tirzah said...

J.B. did you just make up a new word for gross feet?