Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More on the UAE

Not to overshadow our trip to Belgium which was fantastic, I've been asked to show more photos from my time in Dubai.


This scene was pretty common because Dubai is exploding in size. Apparently, 8 new international schools opened there last year and 8 more will open this fall. These schools are opening with a few hundred students each and turning folks away. Change of career, anyone?


This is the lady I met at a cultural center set up to create historically accurate representations of UAE . I wish I knew how long ago those masks were actually worn. This woman worked with silver and had plated the small cane that I bought for Coy. Yeah, he thought it was a ridiculous purchase too.


I had to return to school a day before my principal so I left Pierre and my camera with him. He was able to do a bit more site seeing than I was- such are the benefits of being highly ranked. I especially wanted to see shots of the desert tour. I suppose I should have explained Pierre's preference for posing alone.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hey there! This is Coby Cagle's friend, Matt, from Oregon. Coby said he mentioned to you I was planning on being in Europe in May, and coming through Zurich. He also said you'd be okay with me crashing at your place. I don't have your email, but mine is maboswell@gmail.com. Shoot me an email when you get a chance, and we can perhaps discuss this possibility...I'm thinking around the weekend of the 18-20. Thanks so much for letting me stay (unless Coby is full of crap...he could be). Look forward to meeting you!