Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quick bloggin'

Writing a proper blog entry was high on my lengthy list of things to do today. And this entry will simply not reflect my intention...I wanted to write about how fabulous it was to have my parents and my aunt come visit. I could go on and on about how much I love them and how my life here feels more real because they've seen more of it. I wish I had a picture of how brave my mom was on the world's steepest cogwheel train when we went to the top of Mt. Pilatus but those shots are on their camera. So here are a few pics of the whirlwind trip to Paris three weekends ago when mom and Aunt Sue were on their way to Belgium:




Here we are after spending a few hours with the Impressionists in the Musee d'Orsay.


This is two of the Robinson ladies enjoying a meal. An old man sitting next to us took a picture of all three of us but it is blurry and not in the Impressionist way.


I could tell more stories but I must finish up packing. It seems that Coy's stay in Africa has stretched longer than we expected. Yes, he missed my dad's entire visit here. Bummer. But the bright side is that now I get to join him there! Tomorrow I fly out to Kenya where we will be for the weekend. On Monday we return to Addis Ababa. Not sure what options I'll actually have there but I'm looking forward to seeing Ethiopia. I return that Friday and hopefully Coy will be done with work. He'll have to fill you in on his adventures later.

5 comments:

kkm said...

yeah, he'd better do some story telling cuz i am way confused!! greenhouse work in ethiopia is a long way away from accounting in zurich and even farther away from german classes in hamburg!!!

Tirzah said...

You guys look too stylish to chillin in Europe.:)

Rachiley said...

did you mom and aunt sue venture out by themselves? i can't wait to hear more about the stories later!

Tirzah said...

Kacey I am going to be in Mem the 22nd to the 29th of July. I think that I will miss you for Mem but please please come up here.

Michele said...

Kacey-
I will be in Europe in November. Will you be around? I'd love to come visit!
Mickey