Monday, July 09, 2007

I once had a trip in Africa...

As much as I've missed Coy this month, I'm really grateful for the opportunity we've had to return to a continent that we both love. Coy is still in Ethiopia and I arrived back in rainy Zurich early Saturday morn. I may blog a few times about my trip to visit Coy because our stay there certainly had extremes. So I'll just start at the beginning- I flew to Nairobi last Thursday (June 28th) with Shannon whose fiance, Andy, has been working with Coy. We spent Friday in Nairobi by going to the Elephant Orphanage, the Giraffe Sanctuary, the Karen Blixen house/cafe, and the market.




























I guess the first two pictures are self-explanatory. But does this last shot make you more concerned for Coy's sanitary proclivities or for the fact that I still like to kiss him despite his romantic moment with a giraffe? (I'm told that the giraffe also prefers men with ample facial hair.)

3 comments:

dmorris said...

Glad you are back safely. Looks like an interesting time. Much love from David and Laurie

Tirzah said...

You got to see Karens place! Awesome! and the baby elephants- so cute. I am glad you guys had a good trip. I will see you soon.Loe TR

Braden and Anna said...

Coy must've really missed you! He was so lonely he had to make out with a giraffe! Too funny!