Monday, November 24, 2008

Feliz Jubilación a Mi!

I have always loved the Spanish word for retirement- it's so much happier than the word in English. Jubilation is how I felt when the doc said that it was time for me to rest up for the upcoming delivery. (That's pretty common approach to pregnancy here...apparently in Germany, mamas-to-be are required to stop working 6 weeks before the due date.) I don't want to gloat too much about my new schedule because I know that my husband, my dad, and my mom deserve a break much more than I do but the time home is allowing me to fulfill the cliche, undeniable nesting urges I've had recently.

Friday was my first day home. Since then I've sewn a blanket with the beautiful cloth Coy picked out this summer in Ghana, I finished my first sock monkey, my second cake is in the oven (I promise that all cakes made are for sharing!), I've made progress in the handful of baby presents that I'm sewing for the wave of infants in our lives at the moment (these can't be shown yet, they're presents afterall!), and I've washed all of BB's tiny clothes. Domesticity, I embrace you.

5 comments:

Braden and Anna said...

Finally! I heart sock monkey!

Anonymous said...

Is it me, or does that sock monkey look a little lopsided? All the more lovable, I'm sure...

Anonymous said...

On second review, did Coy wear these socks already?

Jeff Battaglia said...

On a similar note, any chance you have some black or navy blue yarn and an itch to knit a couple pair of dress socks? Some of the guys in the office past and present think it could be the missing link, the fundamental if you will.

ashley said...

so cute! rest up, mama! we can't wait to see your little one -- when are you three coming back this way? we're praying for you these days, for comfort and health and restrestrest. love to you.