Monday, September 14, 2009

Tales from a Part-Time Mom

Yes, it was nice to have live-in help last week. Townes's Grandnanny and Granddaddy came for a visit and we were happy to give them some alone time with their first grandchild. So Coy and I went to see 'As You Like It' at the Globe on Thursday. It's considered to be one of Shakespeare's least complex plays, written to simply please the people (hence the title) but we liked it very much.
It gets better...on Friday, we spent the night away from home. The place was quirky and cool with a literary theme to each room and a terrific Indian restaurant next door. It was my first morning since December 18th to not be awakened in the early morning by Townes and it was glorious!
On Saturday afternoon, we all went to High Tea at Harrods. Scones, crust-less sandwiches and mini desserts are much more filling than they sounds!
And to top it all off, Coy sent me out on Sunday afternoon by myself. A co-worker had given him a ticket to a professional soccer game, Fulham v. Everton. Coy decided that he would rather have the afternoon with the boy and so I got to sit in the third row on the midfield line surrounded by Brits who really love their football. (I also enjoyed riding a train alone...I read almost 200 pages of a book mom brought me!)


The return to my full-time position sunk in today. It's been grey and rainy. And Townes seems to be aware of what he's missing. He keeps making noises and looking at the door. I think he's waiting to see which grandparent might pop into the room to play. He won't be stuck with just us for long- Kristin, Lucas and Myra arrive on Sunday!

I wish I had more pictures to post from my parents time with us. Their week in London was very well documented, just not with our camera. It was so wonderful to have them here. Here's a shot from St Bart's:

5 comments:

Coby said...

holy cow you look just like your mom. on another note, do you know anything about King's College? They offer a Dmin there you know...

Jason said...

KCJ-B,

Awesome stuff. Mark B and I went to Fulham vs. Man Utd 5-plus years ago and had a blast. Thanks for providing that flashback.

You guys coming to Homecoming?

mrsmac said...

you're back!?!? let's get together when you have a chance!

Rachiley said...

glad you had fun with the rents...did you have a nice birthday??? things are very rainy and gray here too!!! miss you! -rach

Christine said...

knowing how fast you read that probably wasn't a very long train ride if you only read 200 pages!