Monday, November 23, 2009

Belly Week at the Buckley's

Despite constant reminders that every baby develops at their own pace, I've been concerned about the fact that Townes was still not crawling at 11 months. Parents shouldn't compare but his two friends who were born within a week or so of him are both already walking- walking, for Pete's sake! Come on, T- a little jealous? Nope. He has not seem too concerned.
I do think the amount of time spent exploring London in the B'jorn instead of exploring our living room on his tummy contributed to the delay but I don't actually regret being out and about with Townes. Instead, I decided to get down to business and the boy and I have been lying on our stomachs for the majority of his waking hours this week.
I'm proud to report that there has been forward movement!! There's not a lot of ground being covered yet but the bruises on my shins and knees from all of the crawling as an example are worth it!

I tried bribing him by putting cool things just out of reach.



He mastered pushing himself backwards pretty quickly and had to be rescued from being wedged under the couch many times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like superman coming to a graceful landing in the top picture :) he's doing fine, can't wait to see you guys this week!
~Alysson

Fred said...

I wouldn't sweat it. I know of several kiddos who went straight to walking without the crawling. He's probably just looking to skip the dirty stuff and get right to the civilized way of doing things:).

Amberly said...

Mr. Coy said this is what the boys did too... they went backwards... and they did not walk until they were 16 months old...per Pop Pop! Townes is cool! can't wait to see you guys!

christian and amanda said...

Silas walked at 16 1/2 months. Levi is crawling, pulling up and taking steps while holding my hand at, ahem, 6 months. They are all different! He's really precious and I would love to meet him soon. Glad you had some more fall...late autumn weather always helps with the slow, grey days of winter.