Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thess 5:18

So much to be thankful for. Rather than making a full list, I thought I'd just consider the reasons to be thankful for the things that I've complained about recently.


*The proximity to the construction and its noise. This problem is, by far, outweighed by the proximity that our apartment has to so many wonderful things. We're a 3-minute walk to the lake, a 10-minute walk to our church, a 5-minute walk to our choice of grocery stores. Depending on the direction I take off in, within 15 minutes, I can be hiking in the woods or standing inside the Gross Munster cathedral. Here's a picture though, in case you were wondering how the progress is going! And, yes, I'm sure those lovely gentlemen enjoy the view they have of our kitchen.




*Townes's disinterest in crawling. We have so very much to be thankful for when it comes to Townes's health. Just typing that makes me feel overwhelmed with gratitude.

*The new complications in feeding the boy. As it turns out, if the food is mushy, squashy, or damp than Townes will not put it in his mouth, he will only throw it. This rules out everything but bread, crackers and cereal. (Of course, he's still getting the majority of his food on a spoon.) I've tried giving him my teacher look but that hasn't helped. But you know what? Being concerned about having to pick up food off the floor is nothing in comparison to the people who have to worry about having food to put on the table. We are blessed.




*Townes is now obsessed with his father. He cries and clings to Coy in the morning when it is time for him to leave for work. He attempts to scramble up Coy's chest when I try to pull him away. And then he begins waiting for 'Dada' around 6pm. Anytime he hears the elevator, he looks around anxiously. As hard as it is to see Townes so upset, it's easy to be thankful for this phase. How wonderful that he loves Coy so dearly (and that he takes my steadfast presence as constant and unshakeable, right?).

We wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: