Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Danke

I owe some thanks to a few people that I don't know.


Thank you to the lady who ran after us at the tram stop yesterday. A guy helped me haul the stroller off the tram (hmm, he deserves a mention too, I suppose) which involved tilting the stroller backwards and, unbeknownst to me, caused a toy to fall out. You, kind stranger, picked it up and hurried after us. I heard you calling after us and I turned just in time to see you fall on the icy sidewalk. You have probably vowed off all benevolent acts until spring but I really appreciate your effort.

Thanks guy at the pool who flirted with me while doing laps at the city pool last week. By the third time you struck up conversation, I decided it was time to switch lanes but I was mighty flattered to be hit on.

Thanks New York Times Travel gal who wrote an article on Midtown Memphis that included this line: "Midtown, just a short drive from a downtown famous for its blues, jazz and barbecue hounds, is its hipster epicenter, a diverse area that is now home to posh cocktail bars as well as divey rock clubs and longstanding juke joints. It parties late, very late, and stays friendly through the night." Sure, we weren't exactly late night hipsters when we lived in Midtown but I like to imagine that we could be one day.

Thank you, creators of Skype, for my favorite technology. Townes has been playing peek-a-boo with his grandparents and admiring the match box cars that Tirzah's sons like to show him. I have loved quick chats lately with Lindley and we've been able to keep up with Zach and Annalise a bit as they travel the world.

And here's a shot of Townes after I've woken him from a nap. He's been waking up super early lately (between 4:30 and 5:30) and then taking hard naps. This isn't on my list of things I'm thankful for but it is a pretty cute picture.

4 comments:

Tirzah said...

Skype is really great.

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

I think that same guy hit on me last time I was at the pool.

christian and amanda said...

Kacey, in your 30s and getting hit on while wearing a swim suit? I'm impressed. I had a smiling college basketball player follow me around the grocery store the other day and then unload my cart for me...but I think he just thought my kids were cute.

zach said...

man, we've made it on two consecutive posts on the buckley blog. feeling pretty good about ourselves. we really enjoyed our time with you guys in switzerland too and getting to keep in touch. any big moves on your radar?
skype soon?