Monday, June 07, 2010

Rösti



The glorious Swiss version of hash browns will be greatly missed. And though I'm sure that we'll settle on occasion for the scattered & smothered at Waffle House, it's just not the same.
You see for us, rösti is usually only eaten during a day of hiking or skiing in the Alps. I'll go so far as to say that it is one of my primary motives for going skiing. I like my rösti served with a fried egg on top and plenty of ketchup. Our Swiss roommie Barbara taught me how to make it and I have served it a few times with Zurischnitzel so we will attempt to recreate the rösti experience wherever we settle. It will just have to do.

3 comments:

Tirzah said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING bout this picture!
and please teach me how to make them when you are here.

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

Tirz...please tell me that you remember this shot- YOU took it!!

Tirzah said...

thats the part I like best.. but I didnt want to brag. Wha a great day that was.